Monday, January 22, 2007

The Queen of Worry

(see previous post)

I was so freaking stressed about today and worried about whether I would have any/enough volunteers.... I hardly slept at all last night and my stomach was hurting and UGH.

I need to stop doing that.

I even called my mom at 7:20 this morning to hear her tell me it would all be ok. I needed to hear her say that. And she did, cuz she's an awesome Mommy and knows exactly what I need to hear.

I got there at 7:30am and was the first one. I waited around for 10 mins then went and set up my lab (Dr. M ROCKS!) and then came back to the Beaux Arts Ballroom to wait and see if any volunteers would show up. I wound up with close to 20 in the morning, another 15-20 mid-day and about 30 for the afternoon. A verrrry respectable turn-out.

With a little help from an experienced prof I figured out how to get each section of the day organized and I had a volunteer (I sort of knew from class) help organize things while I was doing my presentations. I had plenty of help in my presentations thanks to a prof/friend of mine and one of the volunteers who knew iMovie.

It all worked out extermely well!

I even had time to clean up Beau Arts while they were in their last sessions - so I was outta there by 2:30pm!

Rock on.

And I was so stressed.... *snort*

Why do I do that?

Cuz I'm the "Queen of Worry".

More to come later - on a House Concert I went to this past Saturday night!!!