Saturday, January 06, 2007

It was the best of times... It was the worst of times...

I mean SERIOUSLY!

/sigh

My parents and I drove out to East Texas last night, stayed in Mt. Pleasant and then made it the rest of the way to Jefferson this morning. We filled up an entire moving truck and my mom's minivan with "stuff" that belonged to my grandfather. We had a quick lunch with MK and after we'd loaded the last of the "stuff" (read piles of boxes filled with god-knows-what) we drove the 3.5 hours back home. We have to unload it all tomorrow... who knows how long it will take us to go through all that stuff - and we're still working on all our stuff from the old house.

We did make it home in time to watch the Cowboy game....

If you're a Seahawks fan it was probably one of THE best games ever.

If you're a Cowboys fan it was most definitely one of the most PAINFUL games in memory.

I mean seriously.

*cringe*

*whimper*

I feel SO bad for Tony Romo.

Considering where they started at the beginning of this season - Romo taking over in mid-season... no one expected them to get into the play-offs. And they did. So kudos for that.

But ugh.

Romo looked like this horribly abused - lost - abandoned - self-hating puppy. I can't even imagine how he feels. He's had this perma-grin for most of the season. Been living his life's dream. And to end the season like that.... That's one they'll be talking about for YEARS and years....

Even my dad - a 100% Cowboy fan - who I expected to be severely pissed off - felt genuinely bad for Romo.

Ah well.

Next season is next season and hopefully the Cowboys learned a LOT from this season and will come back ready to crack open a serious can of whoop-arse!

I'm going to bed so I can get up tomorrow morning and plow through all those boxes....