Wednesday, January 17, 2007

For crying out loud!

I mean seriously!

10:47 pm - Land to hugs from Aya and D
11:15 pm - Enter apt
11:30 pm - Loud bass music from my neighbors
12:40 am - Call law enforcement about noise violation
1:20 am - Police arrive and speak to neighbor
1:30 am - Pass out
7:50 am - Dad calls to inform me I left a day too early - they have SNOW
9:00 am - Mom calls me to ask computer questions

11:00 am - I finally get out of bed

*grin*

Seriously though... I went over 4 times in 2 weeks before I left for Texas. I've been gone a month and come home to their blaring music. I'd had enough. I was exhausted from travelling and all I wanted to do was climb into my nice warm bed and pass out. Hopefully they got the point this time.

And as for Texas snow.... *grumble* Well check out THIS VIDEO. Keep in mind that this part of Texas rarely gets storms like this - and they had an ice storm this past weekend. There's still ice in lots of places and this snow is building on top of it. Not only is this very unusual for them, it's very dangerous because people aren't used to driving in this kind of condition.

But it is funny to compare people's reactions to weather like this depending on where they live.... I've seen it -60 with "Don't go outside or your skin will freeze" warnings and this MN University was still open. With TX, any small amount of frozen percipitation and EVERYTHING closes. I kind of miss those days!