Friday, March 12, 2004

I had forgotten how much pain you could be in, without having any physical malady - the heart-wrenching pain which comes from the loss of a loved one.
When Aya and I reached Miles City, MT I called my parents to let them know we’d made it that far and found out my Grandaddy had been rushed to the hospital. The next morning my mom called to let me know he had passed away. I had to pull myself together and drive back 6 hours to Fargo, ND where I caught a plane for home. I was so afraid I wouldn’t make the flight and without Aya’s help I wouldn’t have. She helped me keep it together.
It hurts more than I can express. My only comfort comes in knowing he’s with my Grandmommy now and he is no longer in pain. Being with my family has helped, but I leave for MN Sunday morning. Hopefully returning to the routines of my school and work schedule will help to ease the pain.