Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Way down SOUTH

Writing to you from Stewart Island, New Zealand's third largest island and pretty much the furthest South I'm likely to ever go. Chilly and rainy here - coming straight from the Antartic :)

About to catch a ferry back to Bluff - spending the night in Invercargill and then up to Manipouri.
Feeling a bit sick atm - stuffy head, sore throat - BAH! Being sick and travelling - not my favourite combination.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Doubtful Sound for an over-night trip and then on to the Glow Worm caves in Te Anau and then to Milford Sound.

Looking forward to being in the mountains. I think I'll swing up by the glaciers - maybe a day or two - then head back east to Kaikoura. Really fell in love with that place.

Kind of looking forward to Christmas with the family - will still miss New Zealand and all my new friends here - love the family, don't get me wrong. It'll just be kind of bitter-sweet I guess. Hard to explain.

Uhm yum! Found some good stuff - Bundaberg Ginger Beer. It's a dry ginger ale type drink - it bites back, but it's super nummy :) Can really taste the ginger!
Sipping on one while I type and wait for the ferry.

Oh yeah! Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Enjoy the turkey for me too!