Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm so easy

and I don't mean that in the naughty sense, cuz I'm not... EASY - easy... What I mean is it's easy to tug on my heart strings. I care too much about others, about doing the right thing, and about critters. I read The Exit Door Leads In by Philip K. Dick and in class tonight we had a discussion about how Bibleman does the right thing, according to the law (but maybe not according to ethical law). He's faced with a tough decision and he makes the choice he feels is right, but it's wrong... Sometimes I feel that way. I always try to do the "right" thing, sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail, and almost always I'm not sure which one happened until much later, if at all.

As for heart strings... I don't care if it's just a fish and I don't care if I just got it on Monday - Damnit - I'm sad cuz my fishy died. I'm sad that another living thing was snuffed out while in my care.