Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Questions tumbling around in my brain

What will I do after I get my 2 masters?
Where will I teach? Elementary or College? - Strangely... If I went to NZ I would be ok with teaching Elementary, but if I stay in the US I would much rather teach College/University.
Where will I be able to find a job? - I definitely want to stay up north - as long as I'm in the US.
How long will it take to pay off my student loans???

And of course there is the always this question in the back of my mind - How can I get back to NZ?

Some links I've found for the last question:
Education Gazette
TeachNZ
Immigration New Zealand

I don't want to give up on going back to NZ, but there are so many real life obstacles in my way.
I owe a lot of money for my education and I don't see any way I can move to NZ right away (even if I could find a job) and try to pay off my US loans with the NZ money I'd be making. NZ is still only 70cent to the US dollar... or however that works out where US money is worth more.
I've got another 2 years at least before I'm done with my masters and I'm terrified to think what I'll owe when it's all said and done.
I could start living very simply and begin paying off my loans with what I make through my GA position.... this is a very good idea actually... /gears turning
I get these random flashes of my time in NZ and it feels like a wonderful fantasy and when I remind myself it really did happen it actually hurts.
But I can't move away and leave all my friends and family behind.
Can I?
If I did move over there with the intention of staying for a year or two... how long would that really turn out to be?
hmmmm...

Beth Hart is singing at the moment...
It's all too much for me to take. I can't be sure where it begins or if the good life lies within."