Sunday, May 07, 2006

Battle Wounds!

So I've spent an hour here, two hours there - whenever I have free time - moving.

Saturday I decided to hold off on the moving and go Paintballing (is that a word *ponder) and uhm yeah.... So this was my 4th round of paintball and I got my first REAL owie. Usually I have bruises and welts and such... But usually the people I play with are nice and if they come within two feet of you they yell "Surrender!" To which I reply "YEAH YEAH! I surrender! Don't Shoot!" (Cuz it freakin hurts when you get shot up close) But yesterday this guy came right up behind me and as I turned around he shot me three times - without offering me the chance to surrender. One on the hip, one on the thigh, and one on my left arm:



Wow. I'm quite freckledy.
hehehe

So yeah... blood and paint and bits of the shell lodged in my skin. Ouch. It hit at an angle so it scraped the skin off and got bits of it embedded in my skin - which were fun to scrub out in the shower *cringe.
I usually wear long sleeves, but yesterday was too warm for that :( Never again! Long sleeves or no paintball! hehe I learned my lesson.

Oh but the good news is the guy that was on my team told me afterwards - "I was going to give him a chance to surrender - but then he shot you from two feet away and I was like 'Hell no!' and so I shot him." The guy on my team was about 7 feet from the guy on the other team when he shot him in the back of the thigh. Guy on the other team was complaining on the way home that it hurt for him to sit. *snort
I really felt sorry for him ;)

And then last night I was invited to go out to the bar with a couple of friends - I'm so not the bar-hopper-type. But I decided - Why not.
I was reminded the answer to that question.
1. People drink lots and do/say stupid/hurtful things.
2. Creepy drunk people drape themselves over you - uninvitedly (I'm totally making up words tonight) but thank goodness for friends who intervene :)
3. Cop barges in front of you as you are leaving, grabs guy by the back of the neck and drags him (flailingly) out the door. Right in front of you - both of them knock into you in the process. Guy is slammed against the cop car with his arm pinned behind his back and read his rights.

Do be do be do...
Interesting.
Sometimes fun.
Never dull.

Aaaah. I like my nice quiet nights of book reading, tv/movie watching, playing games and hanging out with friends.
I'm a home-body.

Aya's all moved back home now - helped her do that most of the day.

I've got to work in the lab/my office this week. Check out residents. And do the stuff for my online class that has been consistently pushed to the bottom of my list :(