Sunday, June 25, 2006

Back to where it all began...

It occurred to me - while sitting in the lovely-green-rocking-desk chairs of Linden Hall - that THIS is where my blogging days began. In this building.
And this is one of the last times I will be blogging from here.

Odd.

Weekend watch (as I have dubbed it) is turning out to be quite interesting. The majority of the kids we have had so far have been from quite affluent families and from major metropolitan areas. Listening to them talk about their lives is an entirely new form of education. Like the 11 year old girl who is going to Canada... it's the 12th country she will have visited.... *boggle*

The group this weekend has been kind enough to educate me in some new terms:
*Like the difference between Emo, Punk and Goth.
*"Sketch" = dodgy, creepy, suspicious - also A "Sketch"
etc....
Apparently I'm way behind in the hip lingo.... I only thought I was cool and hip still ;)