Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"I fly a starship across the Universe divide

And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again...."
-The Highwayman

I went ahead and posted my Superman Returns post - because I composed it in my head on the way home from the movie theater. I had two voicemails from my Dad when I got home... The first one saying - "Hope you're having fun, love you... talk to you later." The second one saying - "Please call me when you get this message" - I didn't listen to the rest of it - I knew something was wrong after the caller ID gave me his number as the second caller. I called him and he did the "What's going on?" - I don't know you tell me... - "Where are you?" - I'm at home now tell me what's wrong... - "Grandmommy Jerry (tears welling up) passed away this evening."

Sobbing.
Tears.
Mind-numbing pain - but not exactly the physical kind.
The usual.

Grandmommy Doris - July 1986 or 87? (I was 8)
Grandaddy JB - March 2004
Grandaddy Lou - December 2004
Grandmommy Jerry - June 2006

I still have Mary K - Grandaddy JB's second wife.

/sigh

Flying home in 5.5 hours.