Thursday, June 15, 2006

Okapi

Oka-what?
The Okapi - neat critters. First saw one at the zoo back home. Stumbled accross them again today while cruising the net. Their pretty awesome and rather deceptive. They have zebra-striped-bums (I love zebras too), but are actually closely related to giraffes. Mother nature likes to keep us guessing ;)

Warning: I'll be working in the lab full time for the next two weeks = lots of free time with computers = random postings. (Rather like this one).

Maybe I'll bring movies to watch? /ponder
So far this summer I have read The Old Kingdom trilogy & the Keys to the Kingdom (1-4) by Garth Nix and The Da Vinci Code.
I could re-read the Harry Potter Series, or Tolkein's Lord of the Rings trilogy.
I could bring my spinning wheel and sit and spin all day long.
I have options.
I have a feeling mostly I will be looking into possible schools for my Doctorate. *shudder*
Dr. E That could be me. Heh. We shall see.
/grin

It's just the thought of being stuck in this room for that long. I get a little stir-crazy.

Oh well.

Just bought my tickets to go home in August (12-22)! I'll be in Texas during the hottest time of the year... but I'll get to see my family! Including baby cousins - one that's 2 years old and one that will be about a month old - and I won't have met either one of them!