Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Catching Up

Spent Monday night of last week and most of the day Tuesday with Aya & Mom.
No class Weds night because 4 people in my class work at Red Lake.
Weds night played poker at GM, 9 of us (8 playing Texas Hold'em). D was helping L and myself and L & I wound up being the last two, I had a huge pile! It was getting late so we said, "Next round, all in, no looking at the cards." And I won! But I was winning before that! Me! Only my 4th time to play. D is DEFINTELY my Lucky Charm!
Thursday, found out someone from the class I TA for passed away over Spring Break... he was so young.
Also found out I did not get the GA positing in English Dept.
/sigh
/sigh
Bought guitar to cheer self up. Learned 7 chords.

Friday left for Aya's Mom's house. Spent weekend lounging about, practicing guitar, cleaning, entertaining, playing RummiKub and a birthday party for M on Sunday (Sat was her 50th).

Sunday - return to dorms.
Monday - back to the grind.

There we go - mostly caught up now.
Still only know 7 chords, gonna go buy one of those big posters with all the guitar chords. Should help a lot.

What's next?
Paper for ED Research
Presentation for Advanced ED Psych
Texas Hold'em Tournament for Linden & Birch tonight, 7pm (set-up and deal)
Get tickets to go home this summer... as soon as I figure out when I can go home.