Thursday, March 31, 2005

I love 'my' British Boys & Texas Hold'em

Tuesday afternoon:
R asked if I would give him a lift to Home Depot. G asked if he could join us and if we could then go to the Post Office. I asked B (who was jamming on my guitar) if he would like to join us and he said yes.
So there I am, 3 British Boys, a beautiful sunny day, errands to run...
We popped the top on my big orange box, windows down, music blaring, and we were off.
I really never know what to expect when I'm with any combination of the three, much less all three, but I can pretty much count on laughing myself silly.
At Home Depot I found my elusive schefflera, aka umbrella plant, and bought 2! They're not in the cute bonsai form, but I'm happy with them. I named them Neville and Bruce, as per the BB's recommendation.
At the post office, waiting around with R, I made a funny film of him popping out of my sunroof and jumping down.
Then we headed to the GM for dinner. Jokes were told, yummy goodness was consumed, and a bit of car dancing was captured on video ;)
It was the perfect afternoon and just what I needed.

Texas Hold'em went well Tuesday night. I didn't deal, not enough people. In fact I actually wound up playing to get a table filled up and won the first game. I played a second game, but time was almost up so I went 'all in' and lost it all.

Yesterday was a bit rough. I have a night class (3 hours) with 4 teachers from Red Lake Elementary and yikes... all 3 hours were spent discussing what happened, their feelings, expectations of teachers, how their needs are being met, etc. Very emotional night.
Afterwards I went out with D, A, and R to the GM for some more Texas Hold'em and I won.
I might have had a bit of help towards the end, but really, I was winning anyway - they were just speeding it up.

And just to clarify - I don't play for money, just fun.

What's next?
I've decided to take the summer off - at least from school, I still have to work so I can afford to stay here.
I'm very seriously considering changing my major - again. I am looking at a Masters of Science in English. The program here is designed for licensed teachers who wish to improve their teaching skills in reading and writing and those who are interested in teaching in a community college. It's less credits than my Ed major, all in-person, and it gets me to the College teaching level faster.
Still feeling lost and confused about my life plans... just when I thought I had it all sorted. Funny thing, life.