Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chronicles...

I took a brief break Friday afternoon to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe. *cough* filmed in NZ *cough* At least partially :) It was pretty good. I'm in the prossess of re-reading the entire series, but from memory it was pretty accurate (though they added several humorous elements).

Another movie coming out soon, which was filmed when I was there, is King Kong. I'm realllllllly looking forward to this one. I'm actually a bit skeptical about it, but that doesn't stop me from getting all googledy-eyed when I see a preview ;) And the home page for the movie is freaking awesome. I'll definitely be there on Wednesday to see it!

I'm cruising right along on my "big" paper. There was a time when I couldn't imagine coming up with 4 or 5 pages, much less 15-20 pages. Now, I have eleven pages and a two-page bibliography. And no it's not ALL quotes!
I definitely am not meant to be an English major. I know Aya has to pump papers out on a regular basis and this is only the first one I've had to do all semester.... and it's the largest one I've ever had to write. Quite frankly, it's been torture. I was sitting there at the library wallowing in self pitty and Aya kept saying, "You can do it. You'll be fine." I somewhat believed her.
It has been a learning experience though: I much prefer presentations and projects to papers.
Of course I'm taking an online Education class next semester which is all writing based, with several good-sized papers.
heh heh heh
Figures.

Listening to Christmas music at the moment and gazing at my (miniature) lit Christmas tree. I could do that all day, but I must get this paper done!

Happy weekend everyone!