Friday, December 09, 2005

The verdict is in...

Let me break down the fear that has taken over my life for the past three weeks....

Week before Thanksgiving - my RA boss says there is a possibility that I might have to give up one of my jobs (maybe starting Spring semester or hopefully next Fall)
Either the RA (paying for my place to live) or the GA (paying for my school & bills)

My birthday (Friday before Thanksgiving) my boss tells me that the powers-that-be have decided I *DO* have to pick one. Obviously I would have to give up the RA job because the benefits are less. But I love my RA job, the people I work with, and I'd have to move before winter break.
I spent the majority of my birthday drafting a letter of appeal - to let me keep both jobs through the end of the year. (Pointing out that I had been informed at the beginning of the year that there was no problem with me having both positions (I knew this already because Aya had done it for two years and someone else I knew had done it before her) I thought this was a reasonable request, to close out the school year, as promised at the beginning of the school year, with the understanding I would have to pick one or the other for next Fall.

Yesterday - after waiting (semi)patiently for 3 weeks I call the office in charge of making the decision and learn about the letter.
Today at 2pm I called back and the lady took pity on me (they still needed one more signature on the letter) she must have heard the fear/paranoia/exhaustion/hope in my voice. She told me they had decided to let me keep both jobs through the end of this school year, but there is something about taxes... I dunno, I'll find that out when I get the letter. I might have to pay some? (no clue)
So yeah... I don't have to pack and move within the next week! I get to keep both jobs for one more semester! I don't have to worry about finding the funds to pay for where I'm living!

/cheer
/relief

And with all of this shake-up I've also made a decision. I knew that no matter what I would have to find other living arrangements for the Fall semester, so I'm going to start looking for a place to live (this summer) where I can have a DOGGGGY!!!! /bounce
This thought occurred to me before my baby passed away, and now that he's gone I feel this incredible longing to have a puppy. I NEED one. I WANT one. As long as I can find an affordable place to live that allows one (Darn real-life) I will go adopt one from the pound/humane society this summer.

/sigh of relief
I get to keep both of my jobs til the end of the year!
And I get to have a PUPPY!
/cheer