Tuesday, January 24, 2006

By George I Think I've Got It!

Or at least I'm starting to!
Things FINALLY started to click in the old clunker-of-a-brain I have.
We were doing some actual review this time and things were really starting to come back to me and I was learning some new stuff to boot. WOOT! My brain can still decipher ASL and my hands can still make the signs!

/happy dance

/sigh of relief

I've wanted to learn sign language since my third grade teacher taught us the alphabet and I was SERIOUSLY thinking I would have to drop this class and go back to ASL 3. That would have bummed me out BIG time.

I even earned myself a high-five from the prof when I spoke with him after class and told him I felt much better about the class :)

In other news....

Several people have been blogging about the boring-ness of their blogs. I feel exactly the same way. There are people in this class who have done things with their blogs that I could never have imagined. And several of the blogs I ran accross doing research for this project were fascinating. I feel inspired, like Loni, but unfortunately I seem to be missing the ability to put that into print. I'm conisdering ways I could make my blog more entertaining. I have always admired Aya's ability to let her sense of humor show through the blog - I have a sense of humor, honest, I just don't know how to show it through my writing. Ah well, maybe that's a challenge I should set for myself this semester. I guess I could try writing as a pirate, a fairy, a dog *grin*, a mouse? a princess? an actress? a door mat? a suitcase? a guitar? oooOoooooooh... A new character everyday.... or one a week at least? hmmmm....
/more gears turning (can you hear them creaking?)

Oh... and I should appologize to the Pirates of the group, my pirate speak is a bit rusty, what with having not spoken it... ever. :) I shall practice.