Tuesday, January 17, 2006

For the New People

Name: Aspen

Named for: aspen trees

Age: 27

Status: Single

Working On: Master of Education, Emphasis: Technology aka "Educational/Information Communications and Technology"

Origin: Denton, Texas

Family: Mom & Dad, no siblings, 2 grandmothers, 4 aunts, 2 uncles, 3 first cousins (all married - live in Alabama, Nevada, and Texas), 7 second cousins, 2 dogs, 3 cats.
Small family, but I love them all

Reasons for Relocating: I hate hot weather - and when I say hate I really mean that I cannot physically handle the heat, nor do I wish to. I am completely and totally miserable in Texas. I inherited that trait from my dad - we have never liked hot weather. I LOVE SNOW! Love it! It's beautiful and peaceful and aaaaah SNOW! Also, I knew someone up here, my best friend Aya - which made moving up here a lot easier. And of course the school - my old school was huge and impersonal and I wanted something where the professors at least recognized you as POSSIBLY being in one of their classes (not making you show ID to prove you were).

Reasons for Blogging: Too many to count. Though Aya is the reason I got started... actually I think she was taking this very class when she talked me into starting a blog.... Aaah memories... ;)

Likes: Snow, Animals (especially DOGS), Music, Movies, Books, Travelling, Sleep, Nature, Chocolate, Mexican Food, Italian Food, Fantasy Stuff (movies and books), Internet/Computers, Learning, Friends and Family, Get Fuzzy, all things Kiwi (New Zealand), Comfortable Clothes, Scooby Doo, The Princess Bride, The Court Jester (or anything Danny Kaye), Chewbacca, Smiling, Laughing, Living...

Dislikes: Mushrooms, Mean/Rudeness, Condescending People, Squealing Tires - like when the car they belong to is about to hit you... BOOM!

Hmmm... Anything else you could ever want to know about me can be found: HERE at All you ever wanted to know about Aspen, and a good deal more.
And if you have a question, don't be afraid to Ask it!