Monday, January 23, 2006

My Catty Tale

Sue's page - Catty Tails is cracking me up. When I was reading her A Myth Debunked (I think) post I couldn't help but think that her Pippin sounds like Sheba - my mom's Russian Blue.

When I go home I belong to her - seriously - she fights the other two cats if they try to come into my room, hissing and swatting and all. She does purr me to sleep most nights though. She lays beside me and flicks me with her tail. Sort of playing with me - she continues to flick me with her tail and for about ten minutes or so I'll grab it and let it go on every other flick or so. It annoyed me when she first started doing it, then I realized that this was her way of playing with me - so now I play along. The entire time she does this she is purring for me. When her purring begins to carry me away to dreamland she stops with the flicking. Sometimes she leaves before I'm asleep, sometimes after, and sometimes she stays for most of the night - of course she always has to go in and check on Mom and Dad. But then there are the times she comes back...

A couple of nights a week (at least) she comes back in the middle of the night, kneading me with her paws (thank goodness she was declawed before we got her) and head-buts me and steps on my hair (owie!) and does everything else, including climbing on top of me which freaking hurts because she is a BIG cat. Those tiny paws feel like armor-piercing bullets when she's climbing on you, seriously. But when she wants her loving she wants it NOW and she makes SURE I'm awake to know it.

She loves to curl up in the crook of my arm and sleep... and sometimes I wake up with her right in front of my face - luckily she leaves me breathing room.

Ahhhh I love that silly cat. Such personality, such a lover... and she doesn't meow like a normal cat, she mews... squeaks... squawks... it's ADORABLE! She didn't even know how to purr when we got her - the other cats had to teach her. We think she must have been taken away from her momma too early. Can you believe some girl dropped her off at our vet friends clinic to be spayed and declawed and never came back for her? YEESH stupid woman, she has NO idea what she missed out on.

Anywho, that's my catty tale/tail :)